DBA Paper Counters/Icons Army

When I first approached De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA) in the late '90s, online trading was uncommon and local stores had choices limited to Romans/Celts/Carthaginians and Napoleonic 15mm miniatures, even in a big city as Milano. I bought a pair of Punic lancers, Celtic warriors and Balearic skirmishers units but I soon realized I couldn't spend so much money to build armies and so much time to paint them. I was playing by myself, totally unaware about other gamers or clubs or 'online resources' and I was also trying to push my friends into DBA (which resulted in a total failure). I needed something cheap, easy to produce and generic so I turned to paper armies. My sister Gabriella was at the time graduating in Fine Arts so I asked her to draw some simple icons. I copied those icons with a Xerox machine, cut out, coloured with markers and glued them to cardboards bases. I could then produce all the armies I wanted:


 30a. Tullian Roman

 35. Gallic

 43. Phyrric

46. Camillan Roman
 
 and so on.

Few days ago I picked up those drawings and I used them as a template to re-design the icons in a vectorial format:



and then I produced four A4 format .pdf pages you can download and print at these URLs:

I hope that someone will find them useful. Enjoy paper DBA!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

28mm Dwarf